Banded Weave Bukedo and Raffia Basket, Ocean, 14", Uganda
|Availability:||In stock (2)|
Stunning fair trade wall hanging basket is handmade by artisans in Uganda. Multiple grass coils are wrapped with raffia and woven to create innovative patterns.
Approximately 14 - 15" Across x 3 - 4" Tall
- Although each basket is uniquely handwoven and thus varies slightly, you will receive a basket that is similar to the one in this photo.
- Bukedo is the local term in Uganda for banana leaf stalks. Along with raffia that comes from palm trees, these materials are renewable, plentiful resources.
- The mission of this weaving group is to support as many other women as possible through the promotion of their handcrafts.
- Traditionally used for serving food, they are created by tightly wrapping smooth raffia over coils of bukedo stalks.
- They look great mounted on a wall, propped up on a shelf, or even sitting on a table.